Who are the Children placed in Foster Care:
There are many reasons why a child may be in need of a foster home. Some may have experienced neglect, physical, emotional and / or sexual abuse. Others may not be able to get along with their parents. Their parents may not be able to provide care to them for a period of time. Regardless of the reasons, they are all in need of and deserve a safe and nurturing home.
Children and Youth placed with Kelford Youth Services:
1. Are age 0 - 18;
2. Male or Female;
3. Must be enrolled in a full time educational program (if they are of school age);
4. May have minimal, substantial or no contact with biological parents;
5. May have learning disabiliites;
6. May have been diagnosed with a Mental Health disorder such as ADHD, Attachment Disorder, Oppositional Defiance etc.
7. May have experienced emotional, physical or sexual abuse